Wednesday, April 9, 2008

He did what?

Your dose of sweetness:
July 13, 2008

Wesley: Mama, want to race cars?

Mama: Not right now, Sweetie, my head is pounding.

Wesley: Your head hurts?

Mama: Yes.

Wesley: Come here, let me scratch it.

(Background: Wesley has had two bug bites on his back that he can't reach. So he asks me to scratch them for him. I rub my fingernails gently around the bites and he has some temporary relief. He was offering me the same relief ... sweet, right? Very!)

July, 2008
Wesley: Mama, are you fierce?

Emily: Fierce?

Wesley: You know, fierce like a dinosaur?

Emily: Yeah, baby, I'm fierce. Roooaaaaar!

Wesley and Emily: *Giggles*

June 30, 2008
3:30 a.m.

(Well into their early-morning conversation while Mommy and Daddy were off welcoming Boden into the world.)

Casey: "Oh, Wes, what's that on your shirt?"
Wesley: "It's my spaceship pajamas. It's kind of like a rocket ship."

June, 2008
"No more stars," as he looked out his bedroom window one morning, "no more dreams."

Perhaps, literally, certainly not figuratively. He still talks about wanting to ride in to space in a rocket ship.

Another sweet thing he did was ask for a song about Abdul-Baha, son of Baha'u'llah. So I made one up. He's asked for it ever since. I remember the lyrics, but sometimes forget the tune, so it's evolved a little.

May 15, 2008
(Just after crossing the street to the sidewalk)
Wesley: "OK, Mommy, you're free." (As he lets go of my hand.)
May 7, 2008

Wesley: "Mommy, I wanna dance with you."
May 6, 2008
Wesley: "I want to play in the front yard."
Mommy: "Not yet, I'm weeding the back yard."
Wesley: "Mommy want to go inside and eat dinner?"
Mommy: "No, I'm not hungry."
Wesley: "Mommy want to go inside and cook?"
Mommy: "No, I'm happy here."
Wesley: "Mommy just go inside, Daddy come outside?"
May 5, 2008
Wesley: "Oh, my tummy hurts."
Daddy: "Wesley, are you OK?"
Wesley: "Baby brother is kicking my tummy."
April 9, 2008
Patrick and I were tucking in Wesley when the little guy took Patrick's hand and placed it on his tummy. He said, "Be close." He then took my arm and placed it around him and said, "Be close."

It's not quite a spoon full of sugar, but it'll wet your appetite for some more Wesley stories. Stay tuned for more "He did
what?"

(Disclaimer: They aren't all sweet tales and the "he" in the title allows Emily to dish about either of her boys or her husband, so you never know what you're gonna get ...)

0 comments: