Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Boden Took 7 Steps, etc.

Boden took seven steps today!

Before Patrick left for D.C., he said, "Boden might be walking by the time I get back," because the baby had just taken five steps.

Looks like he was right!

***

On another note, a friend called me to ask if I could watch her son for her while she rant to a doctor's appt. Her original sitter canceled. I said I would do it and I'm so glad :) I like having a network of moms that share and help out. I feel so connected. *Warm Fuzzies*

***

Wesley rides his bike without training wheels. That's kind of old news, as in two weeks ago, but I forgot to update. Maybe I did, not sure. Anyway, yup, Patrick and a neighborhood dad taught him how while I was at class one night.

***

Patrick is in D.C. again. He says the meetings are boring. I think it'd be cool to be in the Pentagon though ya know? How boring can it be? Oh, never mind, I just remembered who he works for.

***

I just turned in a paper that I really like. It's a proposal for electronic support groups for isolated moms. Nothing new, really, but I certainly enjoyed diving into the literature/research about motherhood, depression, environmental support, stress, connection, familial ties, etc. That was a blast. And can I just say I LOVE that I can do my research from home? Thank you, online libraries and online access to professional journals everywhere! I love being a student again :D

***

Don't tell Patrick, but I just reorganized our office space. I have to get it ready for my research class this summer. I hear it's a tough one. So if I can get an idea about what I'll have to do/read before hand then I can get an advantage on the summer work. Of course, I still have four projects and two tests coming due this semester. Perhaps, I won't be getting a head start after all.

***

The dogs are great. I am teaching them NOT to bark when our neighbors ring the door bell, which is every day. Especially because little children come by to see if Wesley can play (I love that!) and I don't our dogs scaring them.

***

That's all for this random update!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily! Hope you are doing well! I feel bad that we never ended up chatting on the phone... :(

The kids are growing so fast and are so cute!

Take care,
Donna in VA