Monday, April 13, 2009

Virtue of the Week(s)

Our virute of focus for the next two weeks is: 


Responsibility!

This virtue will be our main topic at our "Don't Waffle" Saturday morning family devotions this week and my "Hearth and Soul" ladies devotions next Sunday night. 

It is the primary focus of our point chart, through which Wesley earns points and saves them for rewards. It is also our primary focus in our lives right now as we look for ways to act now rather than later and own our actions as well. 

I have a list of things to act on right now that I am putting off for various reasons. Sometimes I shy away from conflict, so with this virtue in sight I am praying to develop the assertiveness, focus, and fortitude to take the actions that I've been putting off. 

I'm looking for a childen's activity for this Saturday's devotions ... something focused on responsibility. So if you have any suggestions ... please share in the comments. And if you have any thoughts and/or tips related to this virtue. Please share those as well! 

0 comments: