Thursday, January 24, 2008

Anatomy of flying

About a week ago I was standing in the kitchen when Wesley started running around the house in circles. His hands were locked together behind his back as he pumped his arms up and down.

He disappeared for a moment and dashed back through the kitchen and exclaimed, "I want to fly! I want to fly like a dragon!"

Birds fly too. Their wings flap up and down at their sides.

Butterflies also fly. They look like two hands, palm side up, attached at the pinkies with the thumb ends flapping toward each other.

Airplanes fly. Make the three-finger sign for "I love you" and glide it through the air in front of you and you've taken off.

Have you been on a spaceship? We have. That requires a blanket. One never knows where one will be when the blanket is thrown off one's head and onto the floor. So far, Wesley and I have been to the moon, the clouds, Jupiter and the Sun.

I'm not sure where we'll go tomorrow, or how we'll get there, but I'll be sure to snap a picture or some video to show you our many modes of flight.

Until then, spread your wings and see where you go!

0 comments: