Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Turning Pages

I just received the final before the final edit of the manuscript.

Argh. I thought this was the final ... but, no, I've got to go through this and accept or reject the edits. And THEN another editor goes behind me to make sure I didn't make any edits in the process of accepting or rejecting the previous edits. And THEN we finally get to layout the book and get a copy of what it will look like and go through that for changes. Whew ... then we'll be there, wherever there is.

I know where here is ... Here, Wesley and I are sitting on the couch and I am alternating between editing and coloring a pachycephalosaurus in his dinosaur coloring book. Right now I am typing a sentence or two in this entry and then picking up a green color to return my attention to Mr. Pake Saurus.

I look forward to finishing this round of edits and hope to do that today and tomorrow. I'm taking 10 pages at a time and then breaking.

Wesley keeps wanting my attention so I've got a few things to juggle here.

Other goals this week:
Weed backyard
Paint over nail patches in our walls (we took down all of our art/shelves/etc.)
Paint master bedroom before new carpet installation on Monday.

Then I have various things to do for my TA training.

By the way, I'll be a Certified Redecision Therapist soon. I'm excited about that bit of news. I just have to pass a multiple choice exam.

Oh oh oh!!!

I forgot!!!

Patrick picked up his diploma yesterday and is officially Patrick Keller, MD, MPH :) :) :)

That deserves another blog entry entirely to itself so I'll save the thoughts for that.

OK, so in our time here Patrick received an MPH and I will have received certification in rehab counseling and redecision therapy, and am well on my way to receiving certification as a transactional analyist (even though I have about two years left, two years are down).

We are on our way to accomplishing what we need (the papers) to accomplish our dreams (making the world a better place). The papers are just steps along the way ... our dreams are the real deal.

0 comments: