Saturday, February 23, 2008

If, Then ...

So Wesley's mind has taken another leap forward.

We were in the car and he wanted to wear his blue hat. I said, "That's a great idea, unfortunately the blue hat is not in the car for you to wear."

Wesley said, "Oh, it's at home."

"Yes!" I said as I almost leaped out of the driver seat. Why so much excitement? I didn't tell him the hat was at home, he figured that part out ... he put together a present if, then situation.

A few days later he wanted chocolate milk. I said, "We dont' have chocolate milk, you can have cow milk (regular milk) or water. Which would you like?"

He said, "Let's go to the store."

Wow ... he did it again, only this time, he forecasted. If we go to the store, then I can get my chocolate milk and I *will* be satisfied.

I'm excited about this new level of thinking. It's definitely a mental development.

I can't help but wonder what is the significance of this new stage in relationship to his spirtual development. What does if, then thinking offer to his soul?

This is my question to you. Please post your thoughts in the comments section. I'll post mine in the next blog entry.

0 comments: