Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Yes, I'm that Mom

You guessed it, that was me.

Yes, I am the mom who had a hard time at the grocery store's self checkout line today.

Yes, I am the mom who asked for help from the checkout lady.

Yes, I am the mom who told the woman I had already pressed the buttons she had told me to press.

Yes, I am the mom with the child who kept leaning on the bag holder and messing up the scale and reseting my transaction.

Yes, I am the mom who asked her son not to do that anymore and moved him to her other side.

Yes, I am the mom who returned her attention to the card reader when her son started to whine and complain.

Yes, I am the mom who kept her attention on the card reader when her son threw himself on the ground and started to kick and scream.

Yes, I am the mom who picked up two bags of groceries, a tantruming son, and turned to walk out the door.

Yes, I am the mom who said, "have a nice day."

Yes, I am the mom who wanted to cry when your eye brows sharpened into a "V" above your tight-lipped disapproving silence.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It happens to all of us-. FYI, people aren't thinking "what a bad mom", they are thinking "boy, gald that wasn't MY kid today!".